Friday, June 22, 2012

Video Update: Dim Sum and Fashion Justification

Bonjour my lovelies~*
I've been playing around with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus and it's fun!

I like the fact that I can take videos edit and upload all from my phone. Yup.
And finally some simple tweaking on the YouTube Video editor and voila!


I love using the back camera to take higher quality video (1080p) and just a tap on the screen set the focus point adds a nice touch. Get it? Touch the screen thus nice touch to the video effect? Even the word Dim Sum, Dim means to touch! Okay, bad pun. Sorry. I shtop now. Its just...I lik words and have a silly sense of humour ^^

My hand is a little jerky so the movement is not so smooth but I've been learning some tips online on how to work with what you've got. Yes even a video from a smart phone can look good! 

Next is a bit of vlog. I like vlogging. Perhaps it's because I have no friends with me so I like to pretend I'm speaking to real people? You do watch my video right? *innocent kitteh eyes* 


I'm no fashionista but I like clothes. Being on a budget and working means you have to put some extra thought into what you are buying and how far can you stretch it. So this is basically what happens in my brain when I'm out shopping. Even alone I'll be debating in the changing room. 

It's taken with the front facing Samsung Galaxy Nexus camera. 720p so you can set the viewing quality a little higher.

All editing done was on smartphone and YouTube editor FTW! I'm keeping things simple without all the bells and whistles not because I'm lazy...well convenience does play a role but also because why not use whats readily vailable for FREE! Samsung Play shops houses so many video related apps and YouTube has some cool things AND free music for you to use!

P/S: How about you? Are you the "A picture speaks a thousand words" kind or "Let the video speak for themselves" group? Looking forward to your comments below ^^

8 Comment:

Shane Dallas said...[Reply to comment]

80 Ringgits - that is a great price for the coat! Am sure you will get to wear it somewhere - just need to formulate a plan. This reminds me of a full length camel hair coat that I purchased years ago - it was easily the most expensive item of clothing I have ever bought (cost a frightening 4000 Ringgits!) but it still looks fantastic, so it was worth the financial pain.

Nicole Sim said...[Reply to comment]

I love your trench coat from FOS. Seriously, I do. I do have two trench coats and we have the same problem, I have no idea where to wear it to! However, I do sometimes wear it to classes (FREEZING) and trench coat is good to go. I duno about you but you can try to wear it in cinemas, :P

SINGAPOREANLifeStyle said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Glow,

Thought I want to share this with you. If you are really keen in snapping shots of your life with your Nexus, you should consider doing a "Project 365".

Basically, it is a self-challenge to snap a photo a day, 365 days a year !

If snapping everyday is too much, maybe could try "Project 52", where you take a picture a week.

For me, I am attempting "Project 52x5", where I try 5 shots a Week.

A shot a day is too much for me, but for you, you're in Malaysia ya? I believe you have real nice scenery everywhere! Any how walk (drive) to kampung will also get a nice scenery!!

If you are interested, you can check out my Project 52x5

This is my 3rd week only :)

Bumbleberri said...[Reply to comment]

Haha you are so cute and bubbly in your video! And your accent is cooler than my American accent :P

I loveee your black trench (and that its like a dresss) you are wearing. WaNNNT.

NingNing

Visit me at my beauty blog!! & I subscribed instantly to you hehe. Follow me back if you like my posts!

http://underrated-gems.blogspot.com/

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@Shane Dallas Camel...hair...??? If you can afford it good quality would last for years and if you wear it often then technically you are getting a great bargain!

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@Nicole Sim Need to formulate a plan! My classes here not feezing enough because I actually love the cold =(

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@SINGAPOREANLifeStyle I must try this! But bewarned my self discipline is left wanting ;p

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@Bumbleberri Thank you so much! I'm blushing I really am! (#^_^#) Accent? Lols...i think mine is a rojak (Malaysian mixed salad) accent. I loveee the trench too! But Malaysia is too hot to wear it! Must make a plan...Is it cool where you are? ^^