Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I got Lucky

I love trill rides. Yes, beneath this unassuming bookish girl is a crazy adrenaline junkie.
Anything from go carts to roller coasters I would give it a whirl.
Genting Highlands Corkscrew and Solero Shots to practically all the roller coasters in Disneyland Japan.

Some of you may know of the GMAX5 along Clark Quay. You know, the inverse bungee metal ball that catapults into the air filling the atmosphere with banshee screams.


Turns out a couple of guys chickened out on their friends and would rather give the tickets away, and guess who happened to be looking longingly at the contraption?
When asked I immediately said YES!

Though I wasn't really dressed for the thrilling activity but the caretakers assured me my dignity would be intact. Not that I was that worried. Look even my dress colour matched. It's fated!


I love the nervous anticipation when you hear the machine gearing up. Your senses heightened, there is no turning back now. Then the moment, when your heart stops and leaps out of your chest. 

The pull of gravity builds up as you are shot like a flailing rag doll into the heavens. Your heart stuck to your back bone squashed by gravity. The pressure increases as you soar higher, almost reminding you that you weren't made for the skies. 

Then at its pinnacle, silence, weightlessness. Heaven? Nope, gravity yanks you back down. Heart pushing against your rib cage longing to be with the sky. 

I strongly recommend letting your hands go if you can. It really intensifies the free falling feeling. It's absolutely exhilaration!

I am not to sure but instead of screaming proper I end up giggling and laughing. I guess my mind is wired differently. Or perhaps I tend to get giddy with excitement.

After the fantastic ride.

Me flashing the victory sign. I made it with glee.

 Let's go again clap.

The gentlemen in blue were the very funny and sporting caretakers. where as the 4th and 5th from the left were the people I had to thank for not getting on that contraption.

Here is a video of the adventure. I noticed that Movie Maker format ruins the quality of my previous works so I decided to give YouTube video editor a try. Pretty cool except that I can't cut and move the clips around. Don;t worry about the sound, the microphone has gotten quite the earful so it decidedly tuned out. 


The guy on the left is a nice Singaporean guy whose friends bailed out on him, the other guy on the right was another lucky passerby but I have no idea how he keeps all the emotions in. Look at his face! o_O 

Where as for me, I was a gleeful cackling banshee. Perhaps it was good that you can't hear me. Be cause at a point I was pointing out oh you can see so and so from here WHEEEEE HAAAA HAAA HEHEHE HEEEE It really is lovely up there.

P/S: If you are an adrenaline junkie like me, GMax5 is definitely a thrilling experience you must try out.

16 Comment:

Hilda Milda™ said...[Reply to comment]

I saw participants from Amazing Race played this before! :O You seem like you're really enjoying yourself from the video with your hands all up HAHA I salute you!

j_fish said...[Reply to comment]

It looks fun!!! =D I tend to giggle instead of scream when I take thrill rides too. XD

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@Hilda Milda™ I've always fantasized of joining Amazing Race. Would love all the challenges but I had no stamina! lols... For maximum experience put yo hands up! But if you met me I'll be the quiet one ^_^

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@j_fish My kindred spirit! I hope someday we could giggle together on a trill ride. People would think we were crazy stepping out giggling and all ^^

Ying Ying Dai Tao Har said...[Reply to comment]

wow. you have a brave heart! i donot hav the guts nowadays to take on a thrill ride, perhaps age is catching up. but i'm only 28?! *slap forehead*

HenRy LeE said...[Reply to comment]

haha... so cute la u in the video... i actually never tried this although i was in SG for a year before

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I have been reading this blog for sometime now, but it has taken me a although to say hello. I wanna say thanks i really enjoy your posts

anu_a said...[Reply to comment]

you are one crazy chick. I STILL remember the look on your face and wild abandon as you let your arms go on a ride in sunway lagoon once. No fear on those rides !Bravo!

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@Ying Ying Dai Tao Har Still young! Come I'll go with you ^^ I've talked many friends and offered moral support through trill rides together^^

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@HenRy LeE MUST....TRY!!! Well for me, must tries are trill rides, museums and theater oh and food^^ everything else is optional.

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@Anonymous Oh dear Anon. Though I know not who you are I am genuinely grateful for you appreciation. Thank you! *hug*

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@anu_a Really? I don't remember much about Sunway except Joe was there ^^ We must refresh my memory on day.

Henry Tan said...[Reply to comment]

wowwww! hahaha i long time didnt dropby here already! =DD you still remember me? =DD
anyway you are so brave! i would like to try too! especially for free! =DDD

Amber said...[Reply to comment]

Hey, I've never dared myself for any kind of this but it looks fun!

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@Henry Tan Helloooo!~ Yes of course I rmbr you ^^ Let's go together one day? I will provide motivation and talk you through it^^ It'll be fun! I promise ^^

Glo-w~* said...[Reply to comment]

@Amber It is!!!!!! ^^